We’re rapidly approaching the NHL Trade Deadline and the Vegas Golden Knights will be buyers as they try to correct some roster flaws.
We’re 59 games into the 2019-20 regular season and the Vegas Golden Knights have yet to really unlock their potential.
They lurch from one end of the spectrum to the other and a plethora of bugaboos has them scrapping for a postseason berth in a bad Pacific Division.
This roster is also flawed and there is a lot of work to be done if the Golden Knights are to enjoy a deep postseason run.
More from Vegas Hockey Knight
- Vegas Golden Knights: Three studs from the Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Vegas Golden Knights: 4 bugaboos that proved to be the downfall in WCF
- Vegas Golden Knights: Rounding up the best bits from the Locker Room Cleanout Day
- Vegas Golden Knights: It feels like the end of the road for Fleury
- Vegas Golden Knights: Front Office face a huge and defining off-season
It is just as well then that the Trade Deadline is in sight and it will give General Manager Kelly McCrimmon a chance to bolster this roster for both down the stretch and the playoffs.
Granted, McCrimmon will have to try and move some contracts off the books first with the Knights projected to have just under $3 million in cap space.
Given the amount of needs that this team possesses, the Golden Knights will have to be both calculated and clever at the Trade Deadline in order to acquire the pieces they need.
Whichever way you slice it, though, the Vegas Golden Knights will have their work cut out for them when it comes to rectifying some of their biggest roster flaws, and we mapped out their three biggest areas of need.