We’re rapidly approaching the NHL Trade Deadline and the Vegas Golden Knights will be buyers as they try to correct some roster flaws.
We’re 59 games into the 2019-20 regular season and the Vegas Golden Knights have yet to really unlock their potential.
They lurch from one end of the spectrum to the other and a plethora of bugaboos has them scrapping for a postseason berth in a bad Pacific Division.
This roster is also flawed and there is a lot of work to be done if the Golden Knights are to enjoy a deep postseason run.
More from Vegas Hockey Knight
- Vegas Golden Knights show their true potential in Isles shutout
- Vegas Golden Knights Vs. New York Islanders Storylines
- Vegas Golden Knights: Pros and cons to trading away Reaves
- Vegas Golden Knights: AHL team in Henderson will be a game-changer
- Vegas Golden Knights: Latest Tuch blow should alter Trade Deadline plans
It is just as well then that the Trade Deadline is in sight and it will give General Manager Kelly McCrimmon a chance to bolster this roster for both down the stretch and the playoffs.
Granted, McCrimmon will have to try and move some contracts off the books first with the Knights projected to have just under $3 million in cap space.
Given the amount of needs that this team possesses, the Golden Knights will have to be both calculated and clever at the Trade Deadline in order to acquire the pieces they need.
Whichever way you slice it, though, the Vegas Golden Knights will have their work cut out for them when it comes to rectifying some of their biggest roster flaws, and we mapped out their three biggest areas of need.